4-23-19 Day1: Got the game had just enough time to go into practice mode today and check out Scorp’s chain moves since Misery Blade isn’t a tournament option (shame) as well as check what changes I noticed were made from the beta to the final version.
-Seems like the gaps in Scorp’s strings have either been eliminated or much harder to interrupt. Notably f+3,4 and f+4,2,3. This drastically improves his standard pressure whereas before in the beta Misery Blade was essential to keep pressure up and keep strings safe.
-B+1,4,3 is now safe on block giving Scorp a safe option to go to if B+1,4 is blocked.
Misery Blade was just so good and so fun. Made every single one of his normals safe with the option of a fuzzyable yet punishable 50/50. Will simply have to forget this, buck up, and embrace the new strengths Scorpion has.
Questions that need answers:
Just how punishable is Death Spin (D,F+4) against the majority of the cast? How much does the amplified version screw up the timing for my opponent if he’s looking to punish the normal version? If the tip of the spear is blocked is it still punishable by the majority of the cast?
Below are achievements that need to be reached to maximize Scorpion’s effectiveness. This will take months. I’ll unbold the texts that I feel are complete to make this easier to read for myself in the future.
[bg_collapse view=”button-orange” color=”#000000″ expand_text=”Short-Term Agenda” collapse_text=”Show Less” ]
- Focus on developing muscle memory for hit-confirming B+1,4.
- Work on optimizing combos. Find vids where combo fiends are using the best practical combos and practice.
[bg_collapse view=”button-orange” color=”#000000″ expand_text=”Long-Term Agenda” collapse_text=”Show Less” ]
Priority 1: Optimize best ways to break an opponent’s guard:
- Throw mix with Shimmy b+1
- Throw mix with f42
- f34/f3 mix with throw
- b3 mix with f42
Priority 2: Optimize Anti-Air
- d2 (most reliable?)
- jab? into optimized combo
- d1? into optimized combo
Priority 3: Establish bnb’s
- Reliable whiff punisher bnb
- Reliable standing jab punish bnb
- Reliable max punish bnb (Standing 4~ex tele?)
- Reliable AA bnb’s
- Reliable ex tele and air ex tele bnb’s
- Figure out timing for jump kick~tele bnb’s
Priority 4: Train eyes and thumbs to hit confirm whiff punishers, jump-ins, and pressure strings seamlessly
- Go into training mode and set AI to block random
- Go online and replicate until it’s by nature
Priority 5: Establish optimized strategy based on character strengths and player strengths
- Tele to punish zoning
- Tele to punish walk back in footsies (Spear harder to react to?)
Priority 6: Develop optimized wake-ups
- Calculate risk/rewards on pressuring downed opponent
Priority 7: Develop awareness and muscle memory for defensive options
- Be able to utilize all wake-up options
- Explore Flawless block
Priority 8: Develop stage awareness with interactables
Priority 9: Develop combos that don’t give opportunities for Breakaway
Last Updated on April 26, 2019